Computing Account Termination Request

Service Description

After employees, students, and affiliates leave Mines, their Mines computing access is disabled during a regular ITS monthly review process. (Student accounts are reviewed after census day during Fall and Spring semesters.)

Supervisors may facilitate disabling computing account access for a separated employee. The request may include instructions for things such as: (a) access to files, email messages, voicemail messages;  (b) what to do with future email messages (e.g., send an "away" message to senders); (c) how to reassign the telephone extension; etc.

Supervisors may also facilitate disabling department/job specific access (e.g., access to departmental shared directories; Banner Admin access; etc.) for an employee changing to a new job and/or department within Mines.

Supervisors also need to notify HR of employee separations through the HR employee separation process.


Faculty, Staff.

Service Charges

No charge to users for this service.

Requesting the Service

Request a Mines computing account or specific access to be disabled by using the Submit Request button located on this page.

Please submit separate requests for each separated Mines computing user or for each user who is changing jobs/departments.

Support can also be requested by visiting the Technology Support Center (TSC) or calling x2345 or 303-384-2345 during TSC staffed times. In this case, a Student Consultant will take your information.